How to Setup GoVoip Mobile App
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and search for the GoVoip app and Install
- Below is what the app will look like on Android and iPhone
- Once installed it will prompt for the following information:
- Host/ID: Apollo
- Login Name: Your extension @domain.com
- Password: Your password
*If you need assistance with any of the information above please reach out to the Helpdesk
The following star codes can be used to set, activate, and deactivate certain features within the phone system for making and receiving calls. As always, if you have any questions about anything on this list, feel free to reach out to our support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
*72 + Phone Number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) – Sets and activates Call Forward Always.
*40 (After *72 Has Been Used) – Activates Call Forward Always using the number set using *72.
*73 (After *72 Has Been Used) – Deactivates Call Forward Always (But Leaves the Last Number Set to be Used Again Later).
*41 + Phone Number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) – Sets and activates Call Forward when Busy.
*90 (After *41 Has Been Used) – Activates Call Forward when Busy using the number set using *41.
*91 (After *41 Has Been Used) – Deactivates Call Forward when Busy (But Leaves the Last Number Set to be Used Again Later).
*42 + Phone Number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) – Sets and activates Call Forwarding when No Answer.
*92 (After *42 Has Been Used) – Activates Call Forward when No Answer using the number set using *42.
*93 (After *42 Has Been Used) – Deactivates Call Forward when No Answer (But Leaves the Last Number Set to be Used Again Later).
*78 – Activates Do Not Disturb within the phone system (NOT the phone itself)
*79 – Deactivates Do Not Disturb within the phone system (NOT the phone itself)
*77 – Activates “Block Anonymous Calls”
*87 – Deactivates “Block Anonymous Calls”
*67 + Phone Number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) – Outbound Call with Privacy (Shows up as Anonymous on the other side of the call).
View our manual for help using the Synogen Voice web portal. Topics covered in the manual are:
- Logging In
- Navigating the Home Page
- Time Frames
- Answering Rules
- Call Forwarding
- Chat and Call Controls
- Web Phone
- Password Management
Click the link below to view the Synogen Voice Manual
For additional assistance please contact our Helpdesk
Using the WePhone:
- Click on the WebPhone link to open the pop out.
- Contacts – Click on a contact to call or start a chat with them.
- Voicemail – Listen to your voicemails.
- Call History – View your call logs.
- Chats- View your active or past chats.
- Create a new contact.
- Access the dial pad or start a new chat.
- Change your Answering Rules, Greetings, Settings, or Logout.
Note: The WebPhone bust be used in Google Chrome. A microphone and speakers/headset is required in order to make or answer calls.
Chat & Call Controls:
-Chat with co-workers, connect calls to any of your phones and handle inbound or active calls
- The contacts menu displays your co-workers. This menu is in the lower right of the web portal
- Clicking the message icon next to a contact will initiate a chat
- You can make calls via the dial pad or by clicking the phone icon next to a contact.
- Incoming calls can be answered or rejected.
- During an active call, a menu will be present that lets you put the call on hold. Transfer, end it, or even record if that feature is enabled on the account.
- Note: A green dot next to the contact means they are available, while the red means they are on a call or set to Do Not Disturb (DND). The blue square means they are in the portal and can chat.
Answering Rules/Time Frames:
Set custom rules for features such as call forwarding and simultaneous ringing of all extensions/phones.
- Create a time frame for a vacation or after work hours under the Time Frame Tab.
- Select Add Time Frame. -Edit existing time frames by selecting the pencil icon on the right.
- Edit selected days and hours.
- Once the Time frame is added we can create a rule to assign to it.
- Under the Answering Rules tab. Select “Add Rule”
- Add a new Answering Rule by selecting the Time frame of choice. (*Use this to toggle the rule on or off)
- If you are forwarding your calls to an internal extension, follow step 8 -If you are forwarding to a cellphone follow steps 10-13
- Check “Always” and enter the extension for calls to be forwarded to and then press save.
- Follow below for cellphone forwarding instructions:
- Check “Simultaneous Ring”.
- Check the 3 checkboxes including “Answer confirmation for offnet numbers”.
- Enter your cell phone number or the number you would like your calls to be forwarded too.
- After you press save your Answering rule will become active.
How to access the web portal:
- Open your web browser and go to https://voice.synogen.it
- Login with your credentials. This is typically email@example.com (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org) If you don’t know your login or password, you can click the links below the Log In button. If you still need assistance, reach out to the Synogen Helpdesk
- Once logged in you will see your Home screen. Here you can view voicemails(1), call history(2), change your answering rules(3) , manage your desk phone [gear icon] (4) and change password and profile info (5), our web phone lets you turn any computer with a mic and speakers into a phone (6). If you don’t see the web phone option reach out to the helpdesk.